Author Topic: Todd Oliver on Americas Got Talent  (Read 12780 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Todd Oliver on Americas Got Talent
« on: May 15, 2012, 05:49:56 PM »
Did yall see this!? I was dancing in my seat to see another one of our own moving on to the next round on AGT. Cant wait to see how well or how far he goes.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
Re: Todd Oliver on Americas Got Talent
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »
We missed it last night (too many shows we watch overlap on Mondays). I had no idea he was on until I saw a comment on the Haygood's Facebook. I need to go check if the episode is online yet... I hope him all the best and that he goes far! I will be cheering for him this season.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 06:49:54 PM »
Todd Oliver and Irving are on very briefly in last night's episode but they did move on to Vegas.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 08:57:48 PM »
Saw Todd and Irving on AGT tonight. He is in a very mixed category. It will be interesting to see how it goes for him.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

cocodane3

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 12:51:05 PM »
There is also a guy by the last name Blaque and he is also from Branson. His act is in the danger division. Last night in vegas he shot a balloon hung over his assistants head while he was turned around backwards and blindfolded.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 01:05:02 PM »
Ben Blaque was amazing! I'm not sure if he didn't mention it the first night that he was from Branson, or if I missed it. I looked him up online. (His website is a mess, but) the best I can tell he has a crossbow and possibly magic show at Kirby van Birch's theater. We'll see sometime this week how they both did. *fingers crossed*

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 04:54:33 PM »
I had always wondered how the dogs " talked" I now know!

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 10:17:23 PM »
Both Todd Oliver and Ben Blacque made it through to the live shows from New York. Taylor Reed, the magician from Music City Centre, made it to Vegas but not on to New York.

Todd performs this Monday night, 7/2. From now on, America does the voting by calling in for their favorites.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 04:29:24 PM »
I do LOVE his 15 - 20 minute routines with the dogs,

But went to see his show in Branson, (not showboat), will never go back. Had to be 1 of the worst shows I have seen in TTown. :-[

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 05:04:14 PM »
My wife and I saw Todd Oliver on the showboat a few years back. We thought he was funny. I wish him well.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 08:59:43 PM »
So he was just on, but H. Stern in my opinion was trying to steer him towards a raunchy type comedy. While funny, I think T. Oliver is good wholesome fun. Not some naughty nasty I am so used to being blasted with. Hope he doesnt go raunchy. Keep it where the family can watch you without being embaressed.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 11:19:09 PM »
will never go back. Had to be 1 of the worst shows I have seen in TTown

What was the problem with his show? I never saw the show on the strip.  I did see him several times on the boat and he was very funny.  When I read he was doing his own show I wondered if his act was more of a 20 minute thing than 2 hours.  It doesn't make him less talented or popular just not something you can watch for 2 hours.
So what was the deal Sandune?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 10:24:08 AM »
OK, Mh. You asked..

Last year he was at Jim stafford's Place.....

To start with, his show was a noon show and was advertised as including a box lunch..
     Lunch was a hot dog, cold drink, warm potatoe salad and some crap for desert :o :o :o ( NO THANKS)
Then the actual show,
    !st of all Todd "thinks" he is a musician and singer, so he put together a 4 piece band. They played and sang  serveral songs during  the show... (FYI, he is NOT a musician or singer). ;)

Then as far as the dog act goes, it was the SAME one that he had been doing on the Showboat for the past few years..

IF he had upgraded/changed the ,dog act and lengenthed the dog part of the show, wou;ld have been better.

This year he is the Mainliner at The Americana Theatre. I know they are NOT doing the luch/dinner thing.
IF I hade FREE passes to this year show, I would have to really think about it before going..

Last year's show sucked, and I would espect this years show to be the same..35 Bucks for 20-25 minutes of "Good" entertainment is too much,,,,,,,,,

OH YEA!!!!  """This is my opinion"....!!! I will add the disclaimer later...LOL!! ;D ;D

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 02:09:26 PM »
That's what I suspected, usually someone that does a great 20 min show tries to milk it into a full 2 hours.  Kind of like the SNL characters that fail when they make a movie with them ( except for the Blues Brothers , in my humble opinion).
Its a tough thing to do, sometimes more is not better and it sounds like that was the problem.
And this " Includes a meal" thing in Branson is really not a good idea.  The Showboat is a different story.  When looking at advertising I have often wondered why the company and Todd Oliver don't rekindle, it seemed to work.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 02:15:15 PM »
MH, that's exactly what he did, And it did not work..

I would love to see hime back on the boat, IF he did a new skit with the dogs. ;D,  that would be an improvement over the evening show they have on the SHowboat now....\