• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.

New Year's Resolutions

Started by rubedugans, January 06, 2013, 08:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubedugans

Anyone out there try to keep something going in the New Year?

I hope to have one artwork per week completed during 2013 (or an avg. of 1 per week)

Week one is hopefully good enough for Andymeets1880s, it is a carved buttstock of an Enfield Confederate Rifle for the QSCR in Arkansas.

I plan on posting my progress on my Instagram feed. Rubedugans if you wanna look me up!

qwed94

So far NO.  I hope No all year.  So far 13 has been rather bad.
12 was a great year.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Swoosh

I am trying to forgive more this year. 
It has been difficult thus far, but I am finding that I feel a lot better if I don't hold a grudge.

Now this is not to be confused with "forgetting" - I am just trying to forgive and move on.
SWOOSH

Duelist

That's a very noble one, Swoosh.  I'm making an easy one just to go to SDC as many times as I can!
I'm Your Huckleberry

sanddunerider

me too duelist, going to try to make more visits than i did in 2012.....

Gilligan

Mine is simple - I'm not going to pass up any chance to have fun.

How-doFolks

My resolution for the last 2 years has been to say whats on my mind. So far so good, i have had afew incidents where it wasnt so good, but all is well.
Live life like it's the last day!

qwed94

SWOOSH.
Sounds like your Christian side is shining thru.  Very noble. I have been trying to forgive more also. Especially since my Church has been kinda pushing that. you know what. They are right.  Forgiveness does make one feel better.

Please keep your resolution. Good Luck completely.  (A little trick I have learned). Just try real hard to put yourself in that persons shoes, try to figure out WHY that person did what they did.  It is tough, but sometimes it helps you realize what they were thinking, and that can make it easier to foregive them.

OK enough of my sermon, but seriously, "SWOOSH" that is a great resolution. I wish you the very best with it, I wish others would challenge themselves with the same resolution.

If you need a little extra boost sometime, you can PM me. I will try to help you thru this anythime. Good Luck buddy.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Swoosh

SWOOSH

tiffanylynnt

Get a job!! That's my resolution lol. Actually that's my mom's resolution for me  :-\
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

okiebluegrass

My 2 week late resolution is to be on time more  ;)

rubedugans

Duelist

Do how's everyones resolutions going?
I'm Your Huckleberry

How-doFolks

Still good. My 26 yr old daughter is now living with us & it has been interesting to say the least. She does have a good job, but between her personal life & me giving her advice, i am still telling her whats on my mind. All our talks have been good so far.
Live life like it's the last day!

MissinTheGreenTrams

Well I didnt make one. Or if I did I forgot. So either way Im a winner.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!