• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.

Dear Antlers

Started by chittlins, February 16, 2013, 05:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chittlins

Quote from: Swoosh on February 18, 2013, 10:05:32 PM
I see your pseudo-celebrities and raise you real ones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gElZsECs-kw

You came back with a halftime school promo?

Heck, I'll give you the little kids of a Cali ISD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0iAqc_DqX0

You got Russ Mitchell, we got TJ Holmes

Swoosh

SWOOSH

chittlins

Swoosh

So you are talking smack after how "great" your first season in the SEC was.
LOL
SWOOSH

rubedugans

I don't understand the rivalry stuff. Maybe it is because I went to a private D3 (now D2) NCAA University with no football team, I competed against all the regional NCAA schools, and it was not one big rivalry since we were mostly competing individually... then my masters was at a NCAA D2 school. My grad work has been at another D3 school, so no big issues there either.

I had a down payment and room assignment at Mizzou after HS but changed before fall semester began, no visits, nothing.

I spent 1 week on 2 different occasions at Arkansas in the dorms once as a student in HS, once as a coach.

Though I grew up in MO, I have never had a connection with any BIG schools. I do not remember having much college apparel as a kid except for an errant Notre Dame shirt or two, nor did we watch football, and it was not a big thing for us. I didn't even go to CoMo until I was a coach, and we went to the Shakespeare's overpriced college pizza place near campus that was mediocre at best. To their defense I got food poisoning from Razorback Pizza in Fayeteville, so both are about even, one I lost money, one I lost my appetite.

Maybe someday I will take a class at a D1 school so that I can feel that I am justified in wearing college colors, and being a part of a hatred rivalry...but until then I will stay out of it, and may the best man/ men win. Go team Go, Rah Rah etc...

Junior

Sis boom bah! (Bah humbug?) HA!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"