• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.

Winter Storm Q

Started by How-doFolks, February 21, 2013, 07:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiffanylynnt

I live in Stanton, MO. We got it really bad. I don't know how many inches, but I did hear sleet hitting my window for most of the day. I wasn't allowed to leave the house which meant I was stuck inside with my family complaining about each other ALL DAY and fighting over the TV. I hope tomorrow (or later today) that the roads clear up.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

sanddunerider

12 inches her officially,  sun is out today.  Would have been much worse if we had wind with snow, but didnt :)..  now to finish digging out.... supppsoed to get below 10 degrees tonite.. :o :o :o, not counting wind chill....

COME ON SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissinTheGreenTrams

I got out today. Once off the side roads it wasnt bad. We didnt get slammed but it did get us two snow days!! :) I imagine it will be gone tomorrow. Pretty good deal!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Gilligan

Quote from: MissinTheGreenTrams on February 22, 2013, 09:49:55 AM
I got out today. Once off the side roads it wasnt bad. We didnt get slammed but it did get us two snow days!! :) I imagine it will be gone tomorrow. Pretty good deal!

Central Illinois didn't fare too badly.  We got 5 inches of snow, I'm guessing?  It came in really quick - golf ball size flakes followed by a good dose of ice.  I hate ice! Majority of school districts are closed.  As it warms up today and melts a bit, it should re-freeze just about the time for people to get off work.  It certainly could have been a lot worse!!

misskim

We got 14" or so, which is more than I ever remember having. My adult son shoveled out behind my Equinox so I could get out to go to the store today. I usually grocery shop on Saturday mornings and we eat out Fridays, so we were getting low on food around here. Could have made it another day but really wanted to get out of the house, too. Haven't had school since Wednesday and we all had Monday off for the holiday. Now there's another storm coming in Sunday into Monday.... I'm ready to go back to work!

qwed94

Shoot I dug out yesterday during the storm. Went everywhere yesterday. Now today (Friday) after the storm. I had to take my new kitty to the vet. I also got called in to work tomorrow.  Even though they shut the plant down yesterday. They are going to pay us OT for Saturday. YAY!!!!!!!!  I dont plan on getting the new car out in it till Saturday. I have an AWD Jeep, why drag the "brand new" front drive car out unless you have to.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

oldsdcer

Here in SE Missouri went to bed Thursday morning with it cold. Got up at 2:00 with ice over everything. Went bed Friday morning with ice which had all melted away by 1:00. Wife said it sounded like a war zone with all the trees cracking as the ice melted.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

sanddunerider

2 degrees here this morning, -3 wind chill...... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

More snow expected monday??

Come on Spring