• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.

Danica Patrick on the pole for Daytona 500

Started by How-doFolks, February 21, 2013, 01:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How-doFolks

I know i'll catch alil' dirt on this subject, but thats ok. What ya all think? Will she lead the 1st lap? Will someone crash her the 1st lap? Will she finish in the top 10?

1 thing we know.. She was the fastest on qualifing day. I think she is good for the sport & hope she atleast gets a top 10 on raceday. Only time will tell.... :)
Live life like it's the last day!

qwed94

well with Gordo sitting next to her. I would say she will NOT lead lap 1.  However she will be "The fastest Woman at Daytona" at least in 2013.  IMO she is a fairly talented driver. I sincerly hope she finishes the race.  I do think she is good for NASCAR.  She has a great car (A Hendrick powered Chevy owned and maintained by Smokes team).  A combo few drivers get.  She also has a NASCAR boyfriend to help "push" draft her to the front. (Stenhouse JR.).  She has alot going for her. If she can control her temper, she will be a force to deal with in the near future. ------ BUT ------ not in 2013.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

oldsdcer

I  am looking to see how fast they gang up on her and knock her out of the race.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

How-doFolks

Well, not bad for the ol' #10 car. She stayed running up front most of the day. She is now the only woman to lead a lap in NASCAR under racing conditions. Janet Guthrie did it back in 77 or 78, but it was under a yellow. Danica finished 8th. Good job for her & her team! :)
Live life like it's the last day!