• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.

Sdc on salvage dawgs

Started by DianaGail, June 13, 2015, 11:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chittlins

Quote from: Swoosh on June 16, 2015, 08:59:41 AM
Where is this monument?  And don't just say in FL

In the park

shavethewhales

First photo on page three of the opening day PTR: http://sdcfans.com/silver-dollar-city-opening-day-2015/nggallery/page/3

It's directly in front of Firefall, I believe. Basically just a bell and some old "geyser" tops. Probably not what would jump to your mind when you hear about a sculpture made out of Geyser Gulch scraps, but it is a nice touch none the less.

Edit: also a couple photos on page two that show the actual plaque.

Swoosh

Hmm... honestly it could have just as easily been all new stuff with the plaque slapped on it.  Nothing screams "GG" to me on that monument and with that, they failed IMHO
SWOOSH

History Buff

I totally agree.  I don't see GG in the sign at all with the exception of the plaque.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

How-doFolks

I just watched the show. I thought it was pretty good.. They had a good air gun fight & some of them rode OR. Looks like they really had a problem seperating the big blue tube slide. After 20 years, I would think it would be hard to disassemble.

I miss GG too. Years back, it was one of the places that i have never been so wet in my entire life. But, i guess time & progress moves on.
Live life like it's the last day!

Swoosh

GG was never the same after they removed Splash Harbor.
SWOOSH

marolinesdad

That is true.  We really never went there after that part was gone.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City." – Paul Harvey

Coaster

Do theme parks do this often when areas or attractions are torn down and replaced? Because I think it is really cool that SDC is doing this, even though all of it is pretty much out of my price range and pretty useless just sitting around....Just wondering if it is unique for the industry or not.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

marolinesdad

At this point I don't think SDC makes anything off of the sale of this stuff.  The salvage people own it all and they are the ones that will benefit from the sell of the items.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City." – Paul Harvey

sanddunerider

Quote from: Coaster on June 18, 2015, 12:27:19 AM
Do theme parks do this often when areas or attractions are torn down and replaced? Because I think it is really cool that SDC is doing this, even though all of it is pretty much out of my price range and pretty useless just sitting around....Just wondering if it is unique for the industry or not.
Quote from: oklaSDCfan on June 18, 2015, 07:38:05 AM
At this point I don't think SDC makes anything off of the sale of this stuff.  The salvage people own it all and they are the ones that will benefit from the sell of the items.

This would be revenue for The Salvage company, SDC would be out of the picture at this point..  I am sure Salvage company paid "X" amount of money to demo and "salvage" what they could...  Then they sell the pieces to recoup their initial expense...

shavethewhales

Quote from: Coaster on June 18, 2015, 12:27:19 AM

It's Salvage Dawgs that is doing the selling here. Hardly any park ever auctions anything off like this.