• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.

Former Ride and Attraction return poll

Started by colbrocol, November 08, 2023, 03:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's one ride or attraction that is no longer or is closing you wish they'd bring back and keep

Sam's Minin Shack
0 (0%)
BuzzSaw Falls
4 (12.9%)
Rube Dugan's Diving Bell
14 (45.2%)
Lost River of the Ozarks
1 (3.2%)
Jim Owen's Float Trip
3 (9.7%)
StageCoach
0 (0%)
Runaway Ore Cart
0 (0%)
Tom Sawyer's Landing
0 (0%)
Huck Finn's Hideaway
1 (3.2%)
WaterWorks Waterboggan
5 (16.1%)
Splash Harbor
0 (0%)
Geyser Gulch
1 (3.2%)
Original Fire in the Hole(slated to close at the end of this Season)
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

colbrocol

This is a poll to see what former/closing ride/attraction was the most popular. Would love to see everyone's input on this

Lampie

I wish this was ranked choice voting, there are several I'd really like to see a modern take on....

palallin

Since I can't choose two, I'll just post that I would love to see the stage coach and the float trip return with exactly NO attempt at any updating.

In my mind and heart, I wish SDC were just what it was in the late '60s.

Yes, I am a dinosaur.

underdog250

I need that Rube so bad I can taste the spraying water.

KevinLong

Quote from: palallin on November 14, 2023, 07:20:52 AM
Since I can't choose two, I'll just post that I would love to see the stage coach and the float trip return with exactly NO attempt at any updating.

In my mind and heart, I wish SDC were just what it was in the late '60s.

Yes, I am a dinosaur.

you are not alone palallin
I too am getting to old and sentimental and the direction of the parks current path is not to my taste at all.

my two cents
Kevin

shavethewhales

Bringing back Rube Dugan's is such a good idea that it's hard to believe it hasn't been done already. The park needs more indoor, unique attractions. There is a lot of new simulator technology out there, and I believe Vekoma or a similar company actually has a giant simulator theatre in their catalog.

Dewayne

I was extremely torn between BuzzSaw Falls and WaterWorks Waterboggan because I really miss both. I also miss Huck Finn's Hideaway and while I do wish it would come back, I want the other 2 more. I also kinda miss Splash Harbor, Tom Sawyer's Landing, Lost River of the Ozarks, and Geyser Gulch. FireHouse Play Place just isn't as good as Geyser Gulch was.

sdcfan88

Quote from: shavethewhales on November 15, 2023, 10:48:30 AM
Bringing back Rube Dugan's is such a good idea that it's hard to believe it hasn't been done already. The park needs more indoor, unique attractions. There is a lot of new simulator technology out there, and I believe Vekoma or a similar company actually has a giant simulator theatre in their catalog.

It would also be a good opportunity to add a new water feature to the park to go with it. The bottom area just hasn't been the same since they shrunk the lake so much.

Duelist

Quote from: Dewayne on November 15, 2023, 10:53:54 AM
I was extremely torn between BuzzSaw Falls and WaterWorks Waterboggan because I really miss both.

I completely agree with that.  I also was torn between the 2 but eventually picked the WaterWorks Waterboggan because that's one of the first rides my wife and I rode together.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Lampie

Gyser Gulch should come back at the resort.