• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.

New Forums

Started by shavethewhales, June 26, 2024, 10:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duelist

I'm here as well.  I often go back and read the Where in the City threads and still can't guess where the pictures are LOL
I'm Your Huckleberry

Fergy328

Im here as well!  I still hop on from time to time and would very much move over to the new site if it happens.

chittlins

Folks need to engage more. Myself, included.

sdcfan88

Definitely keep these archived, lots of great park info and convos would be lost otherwise.

shavethewhales

I'm working on this, but the new setup isn't quite as simple as the old forums so it is taking a bit. Fortunately things seem more stable since we cleared out the old files from the server, so there's less rush.

shavethewhales

So I ran into some issues getting a new setup in place and have also been incredibly busy. I just got back from some travels abroad as well. Hopefully thing will finally settle down for me a bit so I can get back on this project.

I have been looking into simply upgrading to the latest version of SMF and installing a bunch of new features. Not sure if that will work either, but that may be worth trying out before we jump to an entirely new platform. It looks like a lot of features have been added since the last time I messed with it.

It will get messy, however. I will have to break a lot of things that I had hard-coded long ago in order to get it set up. I may be able to start as soon as this weekend, so if the site looks completely weird, just know I'm working on it.

Lampie

shavethewhales

The updates aren't installing correctly for some reason. I think I am out of options at this point with the current forum. The last thing I am going to try to save it is to replace all the current files with the most recent version from SMF. Hopefully it will still connect to the database and work for everyone. If not, we may have to kill it and switch to an entirely new forum.

Sorry to those who have been trying to register and can't at the moment.  I had to disable the registration using a BS anti-spam question because the bots were taking over the site due to our old anti-bot plugin no longer working.

biscuitcreek

Appreciate your efforts, Shave.

KBCraig

It's been years since I built a forum and played admin. It wasn't simple then, and it's only gotten more complicated with spambots.

I appreciate all the work shave puts into this forum.

shavethewhales

Well, I finally figured out how to push an upgrade through. Still playing with things obviously. Will be awhile before I get everything back to looking anything like before. At least the site isn't nearly as broken anymore.