Author Topic: SDC’s 2025 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 1349 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
SDC’s 2025 Project(s) and Park Developments
« on: August 09, 2024, 11:52:23 AM »
As other parks being to make announcements for 2025 and we approach the year anniversary of the Fire in the Hole announcement event, what are we thinking for SDC?

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2025 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2024, 01:54:43 PM »
Historically, SDC makes their announcement for the next season in August. And in recent seasons, they have had countdowns and reminders on their social media for the announcement date. There’s been no word on social media and nothing from the park. So, I’m not expecting any major announcements for the 2025 season. The park has also taken at least a season after a major ride addition to focus on festivals and smaller improvements.

We are likely looking at an announcement for the resort sometime late 2024 possibly but probably 2025.

"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2024, 10:55:17 PM »
2025 will be an infrastructure year.  Look at areas of the park that have not been “upgraded” yet and you can probably guess where the attention will be located.  They’re doing it systematically.  Haven’t heard if the front gate will finally be redone or if they plan to continue their piece meal process that they’ve been doing
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2024, 08:32:47 AM »
Yeah, the pattern of the last decade or so is two years of minor updates/festival changes, then big addition, then two (or three years) again... Used to be that we'd see something larger every other year, but things certainly got off kilter on the last few major rides. Mystic Falls, Time Traveler, and even FITH ended up being major headaches during construction. Fingers crossed that they'll eventually have an "easy" project.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2024, 02:40:44 PM »
What I think we. will see:
path/traffic flow improvements, repair/replacement of a few small things here and there(possible expansion of mobile ordering), they will really focus hype on the new festival replacing Street Fest. possibly a new summer show.

maybe some work on the entrance plaza area

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2024, 01:31:27 PM »
I think we may hear of big expansion plans that may span over a few years...kind of like what was done at Dollywood. Earlier this year when the Fire In The Hole announcements were made they said big news was coming and talked about all the land SDC owns. So maybe something like that, but I'd expect some big teasers would need to happen before they just throw that out there.

Jay

Jesus4me

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
SDC’s 2025 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2024, 03:04:27 PM »
2025 Hopefully brings a new Christmas event. They ruined the Christmas Carol show by changing the songs and replaced the beloved It's a Wonderful Life. They could use at least one new show and a new parade or at least an expanded parade as it is really short. I have season passes to SDC and Dollywood and they are adding some kind of flying theatre in the near future, I got a survey about its name. The park should add a Flying theatre in the old FITH building. The park needs more weather resistant rides.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2024, 05:10:13 PM »
Announcement is October 17th at 3 pm at the park.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2024, 08:49:05 AM »
What's the guess...resort and water park?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2024, 08:04:22 AM »
I mean, it has to be the resort.

I'm just getting back from a weeklong trip to the UK. I need to drag up the concepts from the last time they sent surveys out regarding the resort. I remember a nature theme and a music theme being proposed, and one other. The final concept for the theme will probably be a blend of Ozark traditional things.

I expect it to be at least somewhat similar to Dreammore, but I think they'll probably have a different sort of vacation package scheme to go along with it, since Dreammore apparently has trouble staying full.

They are really pushing to pull away from Branson, so expect more amenities and a full featured resort. I don't know that they would move WW yet. Maybe in the next few years, but it would just be too much to do all at once.

This resort may end up costing half a billion just for the first phase.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2024, 01:26:16 PM »
ugh...I was so all over the internet yesterday trying to find the announcement! I searched all over Facebook, the park site, the Herschend Site, etc. Then I realized I was a month early.  :-[

I'm looking forward to the next chapter and hope it is successful. I do get worried about the big investments though because they have done it before at Branson with the Grand Theater, Celebration City, etc. - hopefully this one will be the right fit for the area, economy, etc.

- Jay

Jesus4me

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2024, 03:32:24 PM »
I am expecting a Grand Resort Hotel overlooking the lake. An expansion the Cisco Railroad with a second station. Repurposing the old FITH building into a larger saloon with a full sit down restaurant. Adding a coaster wooden GCI customer coaster in the back of the Grand Exposition in the parking lot area and completely revamping the Flooded mine with a new ride system and animatronics.

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2024, 07:43:16 PM »
Many years ago, I was asked for a design for White River Landing. It was supposed to be a little village with shops, restaurants, and a land-based theater in addition to the Bell. They thought twice and never did it, probably because of the government-leased land. The new resort is on a peninsula with its own cove, so I would not be surprised to see such a thing developed on that property, and the Bell moved there in the not-distant future. The idea is to make the resort a destination of its own, even if you don't stay there. That's much like Big Cedar or Top of the Rock. Catfish restaurant on the lake, Boathouse theater with melodramas and comedy, that sort of thing.
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

Jesus4me

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2024, 02:05:16 PM »
Many years ago, I was asked for a design for White River Landing. It was supposed to be a little village with shops, restaurants, and a land-based theater in addition to the Bell. They thought twice and never did it, probably because of the government-leased land. The new resort is on a peninsula with its own cove, so I would not be surprised to see such a thing developed on that property, and the Bell moved there in the not-distant future. The idea is to make the resort a destination of its own, even if you don't stay there. That's much like Big Cedar or Top of the Rock. Catfish restaurant on the lake, Boathouse theater with melodramas and comedy, that sort of thing.
Did not think of the Branson Bell, but I could see them move that along with White Water to the land they purchased. Only makes sense. A Resort or two, connected by a train line to the park, water park and Branson Belle new docking area would be amazing.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2024, 02:07:58 PM by Jesus4me »