• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.

SDC’s 2025 Project(s) and Park Developments

Started by mg, August 09, 2024, 11:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chittlins

Who would have thought 5 years ago that Mr Bass Pro would build an Amp and host the Rolling Stones.

Duelist

I'm Your Huckleberry

Lampie

New teaser trailer was posted on Facebook

It has the date of the big announcement and a short drone clip of the woods/hills to the west of the park looking east to where you can see outlaw run and powder keg or wildfire(I think it was wildfire but wasn't 100% sure)

I love the idea of the resort including a theater. A lumberjack dinner theater would be nice, but even just a standard theater that could host a variety of shows would be great.

mg

I didn't get photos, but there is active work happening at the new land.

Also, the fence along 76 on the side of the new Fire in the Hole is down and work on a new retaining wall is in progress. I wonder if they might be creating a service road on that side of the building to have access to the Plaza area now that the other way is blocked with the entrance plaza of Fire in the hole.

KBCraig

Quote from: Lampie on October 03, 2024, 03:13:26 PM
New teaser trailer was posted on Facebook

They asked for guesses about announcement, but threatened to ban anyone mentioning sharks.

Someone guessed that the Waterboggan was coming back, and I so wanted to comment: "And this time with sharks, for extra danger!"  ;D

flutas

Don't think I've seen it mentioned, but the festival page mentions "Debut of NEW Plaza Expansion" under the spring Exposition festival, as well as the hero image looking like concept art for it.

I can't place where the concept art is supposed to be though, it looks like Outlaw Run in the background of it, but then says it's "Doubling The Size Of The Grand Exposition."

Also drone shows coming to SDC for July. Will be interesting to see where they do it with the trees. Looks like the drone show is going to be over the plaza based off this concept art.

legoerosion

If this is going where pumpkin plaza currently is, why is Outlaw Run in the background? Lol.

New festival and festival add-ons looks great, I love the idea of making the plaza rotate with the different festivals.

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/festivals?fbclid=IwY2xjawFzYI5leHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHbvLRpD7vUbVjlgGH_FljoqhNQimwCv370bVzcyR8LM4Hk4gw0NpcU4AVQ_aem_SakplMkhepCMFQqD9qc3Bg

shavethewhales

The plaza is an expansion of the existing pumpkin-event area behind FITH/Grand Expo. This will make it the main space for big events such as the mentioned fireworks and drone show. The main square is no longer big enough for anything that draws a crowd. It's been dangerous for years during the "tree lighting" since you can't get out of the park unless they have the back gate open by the candy shop - even getting to that can be a challenge!

I just hope it won't still feel like a parking lot when it is done.

It's great that they are finally adding the second tree back there too. We speculated about that when they first opened that space up years ago. Hopefully that will help spread crowds a bit.

I'm a little perturbed about them cutting the bluegrass and gospel/country music festivals short. The new spring fest sounds weak. I think they are spending their performers budget this year on Rhonda Vincent coming in for Christmas. To be fair, that sounds like it will be awesome.

jericho

Quote from: shavethewhales on October 09, 2024, 08:57:49 AM
The plaza is an expansion of the existing pumpkin-event area behind FITH/Grand Expo. This will make it the main space for big events such as the mentioned fireworks and drone show. The main square is no longer big enough for anything that draws a crowd. It's been dangerous for years during the "tree lighting" since you can't get out of the park unless they have the back gate open by the candy shop - even getting to that can be a challenge!

I just hope it won't still feel like a parking lot when it is done.

It's great that they are finally adding the second tree back there too. We speculated about that when they first opened that space up years ago. Hopefully that will help spread crowds a bit.

I'm a little perturbed about them cutting the bluegrass and gospel/country music festivals short. The new spring fest sounds weak. I think they are spending their performers budget this year on Rhonda Vincent coming in for Christmas. To be fair, that sounds like it will be awesome.

Do you think they will take out the old toboggin structure and use that area for the plaza also?  Also, won't the train have to go right through this plaza?  Where did you see about a 2nd Christmas tree?  Any knowledge of new rides for the "doubling" of Grand Expo?

tmstephe

The new plaza is fully across the tracks - no need to remove the Waterboggan tower. 
It will not include new rides, just food booths, decorations, and a stage.  Like Shave said, hopefully it won't look like a parking lot when they're finished.  The new Christmas tree will be a live fir. 

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/festivals/

jericho

Quote from: tmstephe on October 09, 2024, 11:59:33 AM
The new plaza is fully across the tracks - no need to remove the Waterboggan tower. 
It will not include new rides, just food booths, decorations, and a stage.  Like Shave said, hopefully it won't look like a parking lot when they're finished.  The new Christmas tree will be a live fir. 

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/festivals/

The current path to the plaza has to cross the train tracks it looks like. Any idea if this plaza area will always be open? Or just for special events? Will there be open access from all sides including fire in the hole, and grand expo? IMO they need to loop all these dead ends they have created around the park.

Ozark Outlaw

Quote from: shavethewhales on October 09, 2024, 08:57:49 AM

Yes! This! Oh my goodness. I realize that bluegrass may not be everyone's jam, but this was a huge draw for me and my family. Now everyone who enjoys the visiting bluegrass groups will have to squeeze in together during those 12 days. Really disappointed. To me, this somewhat overshadowed the other announcements. I am happy though, to see that Rhonda Vincent will be there during Old Time Christmas. I suspect this will replace the current "Coming Home for Christmas" show.

tmstephe

Quote from: jericho on October 09, 2024, 12:06:43 PM

The current path to the plaza has to cross the train tracks it looks like. Any idea if this plaza area will always be open? Or just for special events? Will there be open access from all sides including fire in the hole, and grand expo? IMO they need to loop all these dead ends they have created around the park.

Yes - it will be open all the time.  The train crossing will be managed just like the crossings at the new FITH and at the pottery shop.  Yes, I believe the plan is to complete the pedestrian loop from FITH to The Plaza to Grand Exposition.   

mg

Yes, the loop between Fire in the Hole and Grand Expo will now be complete.

Jesus4me

Hopefully one of the new shows is a return to the original music to the Christmas Carol. Since they changed the songs from the original ones it is unwatchable.